When I think of camel, I imagine hot, dusty, sandy Doha days, the desert, and, the animal. Camel coats were the sort of the thing my late great grandmother would wear, but, funnily enough, our grandmothers time and time again are turning out to be chicer than we thought.
Camel coloured coats and clothes ruled the runway at shows for Autumn/Winter 2010/2011, from MaxMara to Chloe and Michael Kors to Stella McCartney. Posh, luxurious and sophisticated, camel is steadily becoming a classic.
At Chloe camel was worn from head to toe, while Prada mixed camel with leather.
How to wear your camel:
- For instant chic, wear with black.
- For a wearable look by day, pair a camel coloured top with jeans and toughen it up with leather by night.
- Wear in luxe fabrics and mix with other nude and neutral tones.
- For an oh so '70s look, team a sheer camel blouse with flared trousers or jeans.
- Wear from head to toe, or, if that's too much for you, add pops of camel to your clothes with a camel coloured bag or shoes.