Sep 21, 2015

Selina Farooqui's Debut Abaya Line

 
 
 
 
One of my first posts on UNDER YOUR ABAYA was about Doha-based award-winning fashion designer, Selina Farooqui (click here to read the post), who is well known for her dreamy dresses, kaftans and jackets which have what I coined as an "ethnic luxe" vibe.
 
Selina has just launched her debut abaya collection, 29 one-of-a-kind abayas, in a Fall/Winter appropriate palette of blacks, greys, whites, earthy tones and neutral hues, with a focus on color blocking and geometrical shapes. The abayas are embellished in gold beaded hand embroidery. Selina has experimented with different cuts, with some abayas being asymmetrical (shorter in the front and longer at the back), and others being two-layered. She has also revisited the black abaya, reinventing it with a simple, yet bold twist.
 
Of her collection Selina told me, "Being my debut abaya collection, I took inspiration first from the classic black abaya, and then played around with geometric shapes and placing them on the body of the abaya. I was inspired by the concept of shadow and light, incorporating strong contrasting forms and colors into the abayas. Since the collection launched just before Fall, I chose warm toned greys, deep burgundy, nude, and of course the classic black and whites as my color story. It's a  29-piece exclusive collection, with one piece in each style. They are my interpretation of the abaya, feminine yet bold, with the signature Selina Farooqui aesthetic."
 
Check out more of the collection below.
 







 
Place your orders now via Whatsapp 00974 3306 5743.
 
To view the rest of the collection, visit her Instagram page @selina_farooqui
 
You can contact Selina via email Selina.farooqui@gmail.com
 
 
 


1 comment: